Trump cannot run for president in Maine – level 2
The top election official in the state of Maine said Donald Trump can’t run for president in 2024. The reason is his role in the Capitol riot.
This follows a similar move in Colorado, and increases pressure on the Supreme Court. The official said that people involved in insurrection can’t be a president. In California, it will be possible to vote for Trump. But the Supreme Court may decide if Trump can run for president or not.
Some people say that this is only about politics. People who support Donald Trump don’t agree with this and they hope that the Supreme Court will decide quickly.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What decision does the top election official in Maine's statement about Trump's eligibility for the 2024 presidency put pressure on the Supreme Court to make?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.