Trump–Putin Meeting – level 3
During a Trump–Putin meeting on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Japan last Friday, a reporter asked Trump if he was going to warn Putin not to meddle in the 2020 election.
It was hard to hear, but Trump then said, ‘Yes, of course I will’ and turned to Putin and jokingly said, ‘Don’t meddle in the election, please’. People say that the two presidents later discussed Iran and Venezuela, as well as expanding trade and economic cooperation between the USA and Russia.
Difficult words: the sidelines (in time between an official programme), summit (an official meeting of many people), meddle (interfere, do something to change a situation).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos