Trump’s Plan – level 3
Donald Trump provided the American people with an update on the transition of the White House policy plans for the first 100 days.
His agenda will be based on a simple core principle: putting America first. Whether it’s producing steel, building cars or curing disease, he wants the next generation of production and innovation to happen in the USA, creating wealth and jobs for American workers.
He developed a list of executive actions the White House can take on day one. The following is included.
Trump wants to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, cancel “job-killing” restrictions on the production of American energy, reduce the overall number of restrictions, protect America’s vital infrastructure from cyber-attacks and all other forms of attacks, investigate all abuses of visa programs, and restrain executive officials from becoming lobbyists after they leave the administration.
Difficult words: policy (plans, a strategy), agenda (a plan), innovation (new ideas and technology), wealth (money, finance), executive (managerial, administrative), vital (most important), abuse (doing something which is illegal or immoral), restrain (control), executive official (somebody who works for a government organisation), lobbyist (a person who tries to make a lawmaker change the law).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos