Tsunami in Indonesia – level 2
Anak Krakatau is a volcanic island in Indonesia which erupted and caused an underwater landslide which then caused a tsunami. The tsumani hit on Saturday 22nd.
At least 420 people died, 154 people are missing, and 1,400 people were injured. Over 900 homes were destroyed and 16,000 people had to leave.
The undersea volcano is highly active – there could be more tsunamis.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.