Tunisia Attack – level 1
There is an explosion in Tunisia. The explosion happens near the US embassy. Two men on a motorcycle drive into a police car. Both men and one police officer die.
Five other people end up in a hospital. Tunisia officials say that it is a terrorist attack. However, they do not know which terrorist group the two men belong to.
In 2015, three terrorist attacks happen in Tunisia. The situation in the country is dangerous. The Tunisian government must control the situation. There are terrorist groups. They want to kill people. It is not safe to travel to some parts of Tunisia.
Difficult words: embassy (a place where officials of a foreign country work in a different country), terrorist attack (when somebody tries to kill people because they have different ideas), terrorist group (a group of people who to kill people with different ideas, often political).
You can watch the original video inhttp://terrorist+group the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.