Turtles in Mexico – level 2
Around 300 sea turtles got caught in an illegal fishing net off Mexico’s southern Pacific coast. All of them died from asphyxiation or toxic algae. They were buried in sand on a beach.
Killing sea turtles is a crime in Mexico, and police are looking into who set the illegal 120-metre net. Fishermen said that the net was local. It is possible a tuna fishing ship abandoned it without telling anyone.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.