Twitter Boss Hacked – level 3
A hacker or hackers took over the Twitter account of Jack Dorsey, who is the platform’s CEO and co-founder, last Friday. He has 4 million followers.
Twelve tweets came from his account within 20 minutes. Some included racial slurs and bomb threats. One post said that there was a bomb at Twitter’s headquarters in San Francisco. Another told people to follow a certain account or else “Twitter HQ is blowing up.”
People took the shocking tweets down in less than an hour and the company tweeted that it was “aware that @jack was compromised and that they were investigating what happened.” They later said that the account, as well as the whole of Twitter was secure again.
The hack happened as Twitter is taking steps to monitor and remove hate speech and violent content.
Difficult words: slur (insult, something which hurts another person), headquarters (the head offices), HQ (headquarters), compromised (not secure).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos