Two groups fight – level 1
This news is from India. It is about two groups of people. These groups are rivals.
The groups talk about an event. They want to give a speech at the event. Each group wants to talk first. The people cannot decide. They start to fight. More than twelve people are injured.
Difficult words: rival (somebody who wants to be more important than you), give a speech (talk about something), decide (choose one option).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What major religions are there in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos