UAE Sends Rocket to Mars – level 1
The United Arab Emirates sends a rocket to the planet Mars. Only a few countries send rockets to Mars. The United Arab Emirates is the first country from the Arab world that does it.
The ship’s name is ’Hope’. No crew is on board the ship. The ship will study the weather on Mars. Other ships do this before.
However, this mission is different. It is longer than other missions. It will take a full Martian year. One Martian year lasts 687 Earth days.
Mars is 38 million miles away from Earth. The ship will get to Mars in February next year.
Difficult words: crew (people who work together on a plane or ship), mission (long journey with a special task), Martian (connected to the planet Mars).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos