UK vape ban – level 3
The UK government is set to ban disposable vapes to combat the rising youth vaping trend.
This initiative, aimed at protecting children’s health, also includes measures to prevent marketing vapes to youngsters and curb underage sales. Although it’s already illegal to sell vapes to those under 18, disposable vapes, with their vibrant packaging, contribute significantly to the surge in youth vaping. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak assures access to alternatives for adult smokers trying to quit. Despite the UK Vaping Industry Association’s concerns about potential black market growth, the government emphasizes the need to address the alarming increase in youth vaping. The proposal aligns with a broader effort to create a smoke-free generation, with potential implementation in 2025.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What measures is the UK government proposing to address the issue of youth vaping and how does this align with their goal of creating a smoke-free generation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.