Ukrainian Plane Crash – level 1
A Ukrainian plane with 167 people on board crashes in Tehran. It happens on Wednesday morning.
The plane departs from the Tehran airport. It starts to have problems very quickly. The first report says that the plane tries to get back to the airport. It falls down. All of the people die.
Experts from Iran and Ukraine meet in Tehran to investigate the crash. They say that there is fire on the plane before the crash. They must find out why the plane crashes. There are many possibilities. They can be engine problems, an accident with another object or an attack.
They find the black boxes. However, it can be difficult to get information from them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.