UN Secretary-General speaks about Pakistan floods – level 3
Since mid June, record floods in Pakistan killed over 1,150 people. Weeks of unprecedented monsoon rains caused the floods.
On Tuesday, the United Nations and Pakistan issued an appeal for 160-million-dollar emergency funding to help millions of people affected by the floods. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres also said that the floods signalled to the world to step up action against climate change.
The floods left millions of people are homeless. They destroyed schools, health facilities and critical services. Every province of the country has been affected, and Guterres asked the UN to respond quickly to the crisis.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.