Upside-down House – level 2
A fully upside-down house was built in Shanghai. It features a bathroom, bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living area.
The house is a place where everything is turned upside down, including furniture and even the cutlery. Many visitors are shocked and dizzy. One tourist said that the most interesting room was the bathroom. She felt like the water might be falling out of the toilet.
Polish designers created the house, and it took five months to build. The house was opened to the public last week.
Difficult words: feature (have), cutlery (knives, forks, and spoons you use for eating), dizzy (they lost their balance).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the concept of an upside-down house?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos