Upskirting in UK – level 3
Upskirting – taking unauthorised pictures up a woman’s skirt – has been an offence in Scotland since 2010. However, England and Wales have no specific ban against upskirting.
The law could change in the two countries after the House of Lords passes a new law. It is all thanks to Gina Martin who started a campaign in 2017 to outlaw the practise, as she had been a victim of upskirting at a music festival in the summer of 2017.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.