US abortion law – level 1
The US Court stops a limit on the abortion pill Mifepristone.
Other courts set the limits. But the court wants to give the judges more time to think about stopping the limits. Danco Laboratories makes the drug. The company and the Biden government want the court to stop the limit. First, it is important to sort out the case. The court has more people who are against abortion. The government wants to protect Mifepristone against laws from Republican-led states. Doctors often use Mifepristone with another drug called Misoprostol. More than half of all abortions in the US are with medication.
Difficult words: abortion pill (a drug which causes a woman to be not pregnant anymore), abortion (a procedure which ends a pregnancy), law (a rule).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact will the US Court's decision have on the availability of Mifepristone and other abortion medications in Republican-led states?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos