US abortion rights – level 1
On Monday, the US news says that the Supreme Court may end a law. The law is from 1973. It is called Roe Vs. Wade. It lets abortion happen in the US.
The law is important in the US. Some people think that women must have it. Other people think it is bad.
Before Monday, many US states say how women get abortions. If the law ends, these states may stop all abortions. Other states will think about what to do.
Pills are a new option to get an abortion. They are now very common in the US. One medicine company works with the US and foreign doctors and companies. The US government cannot control its work with foreign countries.
Difficult words: the Supreme Court (the most powerful court that starts or ends laws), abortion (a medical job to take a baby out of a woman), foreign (from another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos