US and Central America – level 1
The US and three countries in Central America have a plan. The US helps them if they stop illegal immigration. The US stops the help because the countries do not solve the immigration problem.
Now there is new help from the US. The US makes new deals with the three countries. One US official says that the US wants to help with law, safety, and business. It is important that the countries work with the US.
Donald Trump does not speak about the cost of the help. Someone says that it is $143 million dollars.
The person who proposes the help now ends his job.
Difficult words: illegal immigration (a situation when people from one country move to another country without permission), law (system of rules for all people in a country), propose (come up with a plan for the others to agree with).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.