US Army and Saudi Arabia – level 2
In early September, someone attacks two important oil locations for the US in Saudi Arabia. In response, the American government sends military equipment, technology, and 200 soldiers there.
One American leader says that the attacks are “an act of war.” Donald Trump writes that the country is going to do something if there is another attack.
Yemeni Houthi rebels say that they attacked the locations. However, the US and other countries say that Iran is responsible. Iran says that it is not.
The Trump administration wants to keep the military help for defense.
Difficult words: military (relating to the armies of a country), equipment (tools, vehicles, and other supplies), administration (a government).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos