US Peace Plan – level 1
Israel wants to take a part of Palestine’s area. Palestine is not happy about it. It is not good for the power of Palestine. People in Palestine are angry. Palestine is inside Israel if Israel takes the area.
The US makes a new plan for peace for Israel and Palestine. The US agrees with Israel. The US supports Israel’s plan to take a part of Palestine.
EU officials criticize the US peace plan. They say that the plan is not good for Palestine. It can bring more problems in the future. It helps Israel get bigger.
The US president wants to wait until March. In March, people in Israel vote for a new president. After that, the government can decide about the area in Palestine.
Difficult words: support (to agree with something and help it happen), criticize (to say that something is not good), government (the group of people who are leaders of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos