US Plane Engine Fire – level 2
A plane took off from an airport in Denver, Colorado, US and a few minutes later, one of the engines exploded.
The plane started to shake, and some of the passengers thought that the plane would crash. The pilot spoke with the airport, and he said that he would make an emergency landing. When the plane landed, the passengers were very happy. There were 231 passengers and 10 crew members on board and nobody was hurt.
Pieces of the plane fell down in the streets and gardens of Denver. Police asked people not to touch or move any of the pieces.
Now, authorities must find out what happened. The plane was a Boeing 777. Boeing said that they must check all of their 777 planes. It is better if all Boeing 777 planes do not fly now.
Difficult words: shake (to move very much from side to side), emergency landing (when a plane has problems and an airport lets it land), crew (all people who work on a plane or ship).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos