USA–Seoul Army – level 1
North Korea has nuclear weapons. The USA wants North Korea to get rid of them.
The two countries are talking about this. South Korea and the USA are allies. Every year, their armies train together. However, North Korea and South Korea are enemies.
The USA wants to show North Korea that things are getting better. The USA says that its army is not going to train with the South Korean army. Later, the USA says that the two armies are going to train together. However, the trainings are going to be small.
In the end, the USA and South Korea are going to train together. North Korea is not happy about this.
Difficult words: get rid (put away, throw away), allies (“friends”), enemies (the opposite of “friends”), going to (in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos