USA–Seoul Army – level 2
The USA and North Korea are talking about denuclearizing North Korea. South Korea and the USA normally hold military trainings every year, but as a show of goodwill, Trump said that some exercises will stop.
Earlier this year, the USA and South Korea said that they would not hold their large exercises but carry out a few smaller operations instead. The USA and South Korea are now planning their big yearly exercise, which North Korea is not happy about.
Difficult words: denuclearizing (getting rid of nuclear weapons), military (an army), goodwill (a friendly feeling).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos