Vatican on Gender Identity – level 1
The Vatican writes a document. It is 31 pages long. It talks about ‘gender theory’. It tells Catholic schools, parents and others how to talk about ‘gender theory’.
The document criticises ‘radical’ forms of gender identity. It says that gender identity is only about what people feel and what they want. It says that there is some confusion. The document says that being transgender or gender neutral is not real.
Some LGBTQ groups react to the document. They do not like it.
However, the document also talks about respect. The Vatican thinks that everyone must be respected. People can be who they want to be. It is important to respect them. It is not OK to attack people. It is not OK to say terrible things to them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Question: What do you think about this news?
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.