Very Expensive Bottle – level 1
This news is about a robbery. Someone steals a very expensive bottle of vodka. The person steals it from a bar in Denmark.
The bottle is worth $1.3 million. People say that it is made from 3 kilogrammes of gold and 3 kilogrammes of silver. There are some diamonds on it, too.
The bottle is not insured. The bar is not the owner of the bottle. Someone borrowed it from a Russian businessman.
Difficult words: robbery (when something is taken), steal (take something which is not yours), insured (if something is stolen and it is insured, an insurance company can give you some money for it), owner (a person who owns – has something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos