Very Expensive Bottle – level 3
Someone stole the world’s most expensive bottle of vodka, worth $1.3 million, from a bar in Denmark’s capital of Copenhagen. The police said that it is too early to tell if the perpetrator broke in or used a key.
People say that the bottle is made of 3 kilograms of gold and an equivalent amount of silver. There are some diamonds on it, too. The owner of the bar said that the bottle was uninsured and a Russian businessman loaned it.
Difficult words: perpetrator (somebody who carries out something illegal or bad), or used a key (this means that the person who stole the bottle may have worked in the bar).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos