Very Fat Monkey – level 3
After gorging himself on junk food left behind by tourists, a morbidly obese wild monkey called ‘Uncle Fat’ has been placed on a strict diet. He has been limited to lean protein, fruit and vegetables.
The zoo’s veterinary physician said that the mass of fat became a type of benign tumour possibly also causing diabetes, vascular disease and eventually heart diseases. At the current 26 kilograms, the monkey is three times the average weight for his species.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.