Veterans Block Roads – level 2
Kosovo was a part of Serbia until the 1990s when war between Albanians and Serbians broke out. In 1998, Serbia killed over 10,000 people when it attacked Albanian separatists.
This month, Albanian war veterans from Kosovo blocked roads to stop a visit by the Serbian president. They burned tires and placed big logs and vehicles in the roads. One veteran said that he and the other soldiers stopped tanks from coming down this road, so the president was not going to come, either.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.