Victory Day Celebration – level 2
Russia celebrated the surrender of Nazi Germany on Tuesday 9th. The military parade took place at Moscow’s Red Square. People could see modern and historic military hardware, such as T-34 tanks.
Veterans joined President Putin to watch the Victory Day celebration. In memory of the tens of millions of casualties, he laid a wreath outside the Kremlin. He also gave a speech in which he asked for international co-operation to fight extremism.
Difficult words: surrender (the action of not fighting anymore), casualties (dead people), wreath (a circle of flowers).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos