Video Games Look Like Movies – level 1
Movies and video games are very different in the past. However, they are becoming more similar. Movies and video games do some things in the same ways. They both use motion capture. Motion capture is a special technique.
In the past, it is usual only for movies. An actor moves. A camera records him. He changes into a character in a computer.
Both movies and video games also like to tell a story. Cut scenes are in video games. A cut scene is a short scene. It tells a story. Players cannot skip this part of the game. They must watch it.
Some people do not like this. They think that games must be interactive. This makes games different from movies.
Difficult words: technique (a special way of doing something), scene (an action is a film or book), interactive (when you can play and choose what to do in a game).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos