Vietnam and Coronavirus – level 1
Vietnamese officials report new cases of the coronavirus. This is after almost three months. Not many people are sick with the coronavirus in Vietnam.
However, the government worries that the virus can spread fast. A second outbreak of the disease can be in Vietnam.
11 new cases are in the city of Da Nang. Officials decide to evacuate about 80,000 people. It means that these people must leave the city. Officials have a plan to evacuate the city in only four days. Each day, about 100 flights take these people to other cities.
Researchers are checking the new coronavirus cases. Researchers think that a new type of the virus comes. It is possible that the new type will be more infectious.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.