Vietnamese Victims – level 2
In October, British police found 39 dead people in a truck. The police also found some documents in the truck which made them think that the people were Chinese. However, it seems that the dead people were Vietnamese.
The police use various methods to find out who the dead people were. They compared their teeth and fingerprints, and they analyzed their DNA. They also considered the families of the dead people and their community.
The police believe that the 25-year-old driver of the truck killed the people. They suspect him of human trafficking.
Difficult words: various (many different kinds), fingerprints (marks that a person leaves on an object then he or she touches it with his or her fingers), suspect (to believe that someone did something), human trafficking (when people sell or trade or other people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.