Volcano in Chile erupts – level 1
There is a volcano in Chile. It is south of Santiago. It is in a popular tourist area.
The volcano is active. It erupts. It shoots out lava and ash. The ash gets really high into the sky.
People are not safe. They leave the area.
Difficult words: erupt (to explode and to begin to be dangerous), lava (hot rocks), ash (when you burn something, it turns into ash – a grey soft thing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this volcano?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.