Walt Disney celebrates 100 years – level 2
Walt Disney Studios, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary, worries about its future. Its stock price is the lowest in nine years of streaming.
However, Disney’s ability to adapt to changing times is not new. Back in the day, when Walt Disney was just one person, he welcomed new technologies like sound and color to make his animations more realistic. Disney also established 12 principles of animation to make sure that his works would be good and that they wouldn’t change too much. He made a big impact by using sound in cartoons, and his way of using music became a normal part of animation.
Now with streaming, investors are excited to see how Disney will change its future in the next hundred years.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What innovative strategies can Disney use to remain competitive in the streaming age?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.