Walt Disney celebrates 100 years – level 3
Walt Disney Studios, on its 100th anniversary, faces concerns about its stock price hitting a nine-year low in the age of streaming.
Disney’s history is marked by adaptation to change. In the past Disney initially a single person, embraced emerging technologies like sound and color to make animations more lifelike. Walt Disney established 12 animation principles to ensure quality and consistency. He was also a pioneer in using sound in animations, influencing the industry. Real-world observation and study were integral to Disney’s fantastical stories.
Now, the challenge of streaming lies ahead, and investors are keen to see how Disney navigates its second century. While the stock price fluctuates, Disney’s legacy of innovation and adaptation continues to be a source of strength.
Difficult words: consistency (the quality of always behaving the same way or of having the same opinions, standards, and so on), pioneer (a person who is among the first to research or develop a new era of knowledge or activity), integral (essential, necessary).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What strategies is Disney currently relying on to ensure it maintains relevance in the age of streaming?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.