Water in Venice – level 3
In Italy, heavy rains caused an unusually high tide, and flooding affected parts of Venice’s historic centre.
Water levels reached an estimated 113 centimetres, so most tourists and residents resorted to using wooden platforms to cross St Mark’s Square. Some just walked through the water in rubber boots.
Sixteen percent of the city was affected.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.