Wearing Slippers in School – level 2
Students in Britain normally wear shoes at school. One primary school in England, however, read a study on wearing slippers in school.
The 10-year study covered 25 countries. It says that when children wear slippers at school, they come to school earlier, leave later, read more, and do better in exams. The classrooms are calmer and quieter. In some classes, bullying was reduced.
The school is happy with the positive change, and some teachers wear slippers, too.
Difficult words: slippers (house shoes), bullying (attacking somebody who is weaker than you), reduce (make less).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.