Weather in the USA – level 2
Parts of North-eastern America are experiencing the first snowfall of the season. The snow, sleet and rain caused travel disruptions and closed schools. In some areas, up to six inches (15 centimetres) of snow fell last week.
On the other hand, at least one of the American residents enjoyed the snow. It was panda BeiBei at the Smithsonian Zoo in Washington. Someone filmed her playing in the snow.
The winter weather comes as California continues to deal with deadly wildfires.
Difficult words: sleet (rain with ice/snow), disruption (something which disrupts something – makes problems), resident (a person/animal that resides/lives somewhere).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos