Wedding haka – level 2
A groom’s family performed a haka at his wedding in New Zealand. They were shouting, hitting the floor with their feet and making scary faces.
They performed the traditional dance to show respect to the Maori bride. She, as well as her husband, were clearly moved by the haka. They even joined in themselves.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the traditional meaning of a haka for Maori people?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.