Whale Shark in Peru – level 2
A whale shark washed up on a Peruvian beach. A heavy fishing net tangled around it and trapped it.
Fishermen came to help the shark and managed to cut through the net. It got free and they pushed it back into the water.
The whale shark is a protected species in much of the world. It is a type of shark, but it is not dangerous.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.