Whales in Western Australia – level 2
A pod of whales beached themselves in Western Australia, and volunteers tried to save them but only five survived. Over 150 of the animals died.
However, the five whales may not be completely safe yet. When a whale is beached, it is in an extreme and exhausting situation. The whales were on the beach for hours, and it was difficult for them to swim back to the open sea.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.