What to Do in a Terror Attack – level 3
French authorities published an instruction video on how to react in the event of a terror attack similar to the one which killed 130 people and injured hundreds in November 2015.
The simple step-by-step guide, which people shared on social media, gives advice on the dos and the don’ts in case of an armed attack.
The video instructs that the first reaction should be to escape, to help others where possible and to warn others of danger. The video goes on to advise on how to protect oneself if trapped in a danger zone by hiding, locking doors or blocking doors with furniture and alerting the police. The guide concludes with practical instructions on how to give first aid.
Difficult words: the dos and the don’ts (what to do and what not to do in a situation), escape (yo run away), trapped (stuck, unable to leave), alert (to warn), conclude (to end).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about these instructions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos