WhatsApp Hack – level 1
Facebook is in court with NSO. NSO is a company from Israel. The company hacks 1,400 people who have the app WhatsApp.
The hackers can read messages in people’s phones. They use a special software which is a part of the video call. People install it. They do not know that it is dangerous. These people are mostly from media and government.
Facebook, which owns WhatsApp, says that people must update their app. WhatsApp changes the system to make it safer.
NSO says that it does not hack WhatsApp. It says it wants to fight for the truth. It says that it uses technologies to fight crime.
Difficult words: court (a place where two sides speak about a problem or crime, and some officials find the truth), hack (to get to somebody’s electronic device and get some information from it), hacker (a person who hacks an electronic device), update (to use a newer version).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos