Which is your personal color? – level 3
Angie Xue fulfilled her dream of traveling to Japan and Korea by booking a 600-dollar round-trip flight from California. Before her trip, she arranged a personal color analysis appointment in Seoul after discovering it through viral videos.
Personal color analysis helps individuals find flattering colors for clothing, makeup, and accessories based on their complexions and skin tones. The procedure involves draping fabric swatches to identify colors that enhance the person’s appearance. The trend fueled by TikTok is gaining popularity among Gen Z, leading many to travel to Seoul for the service.
However, getting an appointment can be challenging. The boom in color analysis tourism has led the Korea Tourism Organization to promote international visits, resulting in increased retail spending. The trend also creates job opportunities, with a demand for English-speaking practitioners in the field.
Difficult words: flattering (enhancing someone’s appearance), complexion (the natural color and texture of a person’s skin), swatch (a small sample of fabric intended to demonstrate the look of a larger piece).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What advantages do you think personal color analysis offers and is it worth the effort to travel to Seoul for it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.