Wild Bears Come to Towns – level 3
A record 13,500 wild bear sightings have been reported in Japan during the coronavirus pandemic which is the highest number of sightings in the last five years.
According to scientists, there are several factors behind this. This year has been bad for acorns, the main food for bears, and the lack of food drove the bears closer to civilization. Besides this, aging residents are unable to harvest crops and fruits grown in their gardens, which tempts starving wild animals. The coronavirus may have also affected the bears’ behavior, as people are encouraged to stay home.
Some companies are seeking solutions to keep bears away from residential areas and one of the ideas is a mechanical monster wolf which emits 90-decibel roars, and it moves its neck just like the bears’ predator.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.