Will Smith hits Chris Rock – level 3
Actor Will Smith smacked Chris Rock at the Oscars 2022 after Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife’s hair.
Rock joked to Smith that he was looking forward to a sequel to ‘G. I. Jane’. Smith stood up, walked up to Rock, and he slapped him. After returning to his seat, Smith cursed at Rock. Shortly after the confrontation, Will Smith won the Oscar for the best actor for ‘King Richard’.
In 2018, Jada Pinkett Smith revealed that she’d been diagnosed with alopecia, hair loss that can affect the scalp or the entire body. It often results in a few bald spots on the scalp, and it can be temporary or permanent. Stress and illness are the possible causes; however in most cases, there’s no obvious trigger.
Difficult words: curse (to use offensive words in anger or annoyance), confrontation (a face-to-face meeting between two people, who are angry, or they disagree with each other), trigger (to cause a reaction).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.