Wine in the Sea – level 2
A Croatian winemaker and diver found a way to combine his two hobbies. He matures his wine at the bottom of the sea.
The seabed is perfect for ageing wine. It is dark, quiet, and the temperature is stable. He says that the wine tastes better if it matures down there.
He puts each bottle into a clay container and sealed with wax, so it is protected from seawater.
Difficult words: mature (give the wine time to get better), ageing (maturing), clay container (something like a bottle made from clay – earth), seal (close securely).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.