Woman in a wheelchair steals – level 2
A security camera video from a shop in a petrol station in England shows a woman in a wheelchair. Her accomplice pushed her to a shelf and then she stood up from the wheelchair.
The woman looked around and started putting goods under her coat while her partner put some more in her backpack.
The pair managed to steal meat products worth about 60 pounds. Police look for the couple.
Difficult words: shelf (a long flat narrow board for things in a shop), accomplice (a person who helps a criminal to do something wrong), goods (products).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What is your opinion on this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.