Woman on a clothes hanger – level 3
A drunken woman has been rescued after getting stuck on a clothes hanger outside an apartment in China.
Firefighters rushed to the building and broke into the home, in an attempt to pull her from the inside. The woman can be seen sitting on one of the iron bars of the hanger and supporting herself on the two upper bars.
Luckily, rescuers managed to put a safety belt around the woman just as the iron bar at the bottom suddenly broke off.
Fortunately, a firefighter reached out to catch her before she fell.
The woman in her 20s refused to respond to any questions and why she had climbed out of the windows and ended up in the clothes hanger is still under investigation.
Difficult words: attempt (try), safety belt (a rope to hold someone up from falling).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos