Woman Poisons 27 People – level 3
Police arrested a newly-married woman in Pakistan on murder charges after a botched attempt to kill her husband with poison.
She allegedly conspired with her lover to poison her husband after a forced arranged marriage, but 27 family members instead shared the poisoned milk. Seventeen people died and ten more are still being treated in hospital.
Difficult words: botched (carried out badly), attempt (a try), allegedly (reportedly; it may or may not be true), conspire (plan to do something without anyone knowing).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos