Women and CPR – level 2
A 2017 study found that American and Canadian women were 27% less likely to receive CPR in public than men.
Some people thought about the reasons for this. One of the reasons could be that people are taught to perform CPR on dummies with flat chests. To solve this problem, people created the Womanikin which can add breasts on the dummies.
The creators say that this is not going to make everything OK, but it was a step in the right way. They hope to have it in classes across the USA by the end of next year.
Difficult words: CPR (short for cardiopulmonary resuscitation – massaging somebody’s heart and breathing into his or her mouth when the heart stops working), dummy (a model of a person), breasts (two soft organs on the front a woman’s body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.